Meziere Starter TS586 (Type 1 Mounting)
TRUE START FOR VW / PORSCHE, 500 SERIES
The Meziere 500 Series starters are the latest development from our talented team. They contain all of the features you expect from us including our proprietary drive, revolutionary pinion support and robust solenoid activation. In addition, we have simplified the gear reduction so that the shape and size are much closer to the smaller, hitachi based starters. This design is rotating in the direction opposite most of our designs. It is intended to mount from the transmission side of the ring gear. It fits many of the common off-road bell housings. The TS586 is well suited to large cubic inch and high compression engines as well as demanding, harsh environments.
- Fits big and small block Chevy with 168 tooth flexplate.
- Recommended for engines up to 700 cubic inches and larger.
- Custom gear reduction for the best cranking power and rotational speed.
- Offset design clears nearly all kickout style oil pans.
- Smaller gear train means the package size is very close to some of our common competitors.
- Innovative design provides excellent gear support without the nose.
- 360 degree clocking in 10 degree increments.
- 2 High strength precision starter bolts with washers and shim included.
- DIMENSIONAL DRAWING
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Fitment confirmed on the following transaxles;
- Type 1 Swing Axle
- Type 1 IRS
- Type 2 - "002" bellhousing
- Albins 10" Gearbox with Type 1 bellhousing
- Mendeola MD Series
- Mendeola S4/S5 Series with type 1 bellhousing
- PBS S4/S5 Series with type 1 bellhousing
- Weddle HV-1
- Weddle HV-25