King hydraulic Bump Stops
King bump stops are made from the same quality materials and precision machined components that are used in our performance racing shocks. The precision fit of the components, our unique piston design, the proven valving configuration and our advanced seal technology combine to create a durable, superior performing bump stop that generates maximum damping forces.
King bump stops provide an additional level of bottoming control when you are using every bit of suspension travel available. We offer 2.0 and 2.5 inch diameter bodies with stroke lengths from 2 to 4 inches to fit any mounting location requirements and handle any suspension arresting loads. Our 4130 Chromoly mounting sleeves are precision machined to size and offer a secure and sturdy mount without pinching the bump stop body. Our unique Schrader cover mounts to the housing not the Schrader valve itself to protect it and acts as a double seal to keep dust and moisture out. Our bump stops contain a unique piston design that offers superior flow characteristics and the same quality micro polished shafts and advanced seal technology as our race shocks. Our long wearing nylon contact pad insures quiet operation and mounts with a simple yet effective single bolt design.
King bump stops help you use all the suspension travel you have to get the most out of your vehicle. They are easily tuned and serviced with simple hand tools. You really need to experience the comfort and control a set of King bump stops provide. Nothing rides like King.
**Black is SPECIAL ORDER - Subject to order time**
1. Available in 2.0 and 2.5 inch diameter bodies with stroke lengths from 2 to 4 inches.
2. Double sealed Schrader cover that mounts to the body, not the valve itself creates a positive seal and keeps dirt and moisture out.
3. Unique mounting boss design with indexing pin securely locates the bump stop without pinching the outside of the tube.
4. Stout 1/8" thick Chromoly bump stop bodies are precision bored to within +/- .001, then honed after cadmium plating to remove buildup for a tight piston seal and optimum valving function.
5. Aluminum components are machined from aircraft quality billet.
6. Large 1-1/4" or 1-5/8" diameter shafts have a minimum tensile strength of 75,000 pounds per square inch. They are hard chromed and micro-polished to a 6 RA finish for extended seal life
7. Long wearing nylon contact pad insures quiet operation and mounts with a simple yet effective single bolt design.
8. O-ring on shaft helps to gauge shaft travel.
King shocks’ bump stop mounting sleeves are made from .093 wall Chromoly tubing. The sleeves are machined for clearance from the top (eventually closed) end before the laser cut tops are tig welded on leaving the first 1.25” at the open end at a smaller size to provide a snug fit on the bump stop body. The locating pin registers into the top plate then the bump stop’s threaded boss is bolted securely to the mount. King’s mounting sleeve design holds the bump stop around the entire outside diameter without crushing it like pinch bolt designs. The sleeves are delivered raw so they can be welded directly onto your chassis.
- Bump stop mounting sleeves are made from tough .093 wall Chromoly tubing. Supplied raw, the mounting sleeves are ready to be welded to your chassis.
- Laser cut tops hold the mounting boss securely and have indexing holes to keep bumpstops from rotating.
- Sleeves are counter bored from the top side before the mounting plates are tig welded on to provide room for bumpstop expansion during use.
- The first 1" of the completed tube is bored to size for a snug fit where the bumpstop body is supported by the wiper cap. Bumpstops are supported all the way around the outside diameter without interfering with the precision fit of the piston in the tube