Kennedy 9in Pressure Plates - 228MM
Our 228mm heavy duty pressure plates have been designed to improve reliability under severe racing conditions. They are made in USA from all new material. They are jig assembled, balanced and tested to our high standards.
- Made in USA by KEP to exact tolerances.
- Balanced within 0.4 oz inch
- Black color is rustproof and durable
- 100% more torque can be transmitted if a double disc clutch is used
This clutch comes in four load ratings. Be careful that you do not order a stronger clutch than you need. Torque capacities using a stock disc are shown below.
- 228MM STOCK - STOCK VW BUS PRESSURE PLATE. SUITABLE FOR ENGINES UNDER 3 LITER FOR STREET USE. HANDLES 200 FT. LB. OF TORQUE.
- STAGE I - THIS PRESSURE PLATE WORKS WELL IN PORSCHE 911 POWERED 914'S OR V6 CAMPER VANS. ENJOY GOOD HOLDING POWER AND EASY PEDAL EFFORT. HANDLES 223 FT. LB. OF TORQUE WITH STOCK DISC.
- STAGE II - VERY POPULAR FOR USE IN V8 POWERED 914'S UNDER 400HP. HANDLES 273 FT. LBS. OF TORQUE WITH STOCK DISC.
- STAGE III - THIS IS THE ONE USED BY WINNING UNLIMITED CLASS OFF ROAD RACERS. GOOD FOR STREET OR RACE APPLICATIONS WITH LOTS OF POWER. HANDLES 378 FT. LBS. OF TORQUE WITH STOCK DISC.
- STAGE IV - HANDLES 420 FT. LBS. OF TORQUE WITH STOCK DISC.