Tilton Starter 54-40013 - FORD SB/BB
40000-Series Super Starters feature the torque and speed needed to start large displacement, high-compression engines, made possible by a powerful 3.0 HP (2.2kW) motor and 3.75:1 gear reduction drive assembly. Tilton’s Heavy Duty solenoid (P/N 54-422HD) comes standard beginning August 2015, allowing 40000-Series Super Starters to reliably handle 16 volts and provide the extra speed needed to spin engines fast enough for locked-out magnetos.
- Ford 289/302/351W/390/427/428 engines, 1967-up bell housing.
- Powerful 3.0 HP motor and gear reduction provides high torque to start large, high compression engines.
- Heavy Duty solenoid reliably handles 16 volts
- Precision machined components are held to critical tolerances, ensuring high performance and reliability.
- Internal vibration damping and electrical insulation provide longevity and maximum performance.
- Thread locking compound is used on all fasteners and are secured to precise specifications.
- Serrated belleville lock washers are used to ensure fasteners stay in place through severe vibrations and heat cycles.
- DIMENSIONAL DRAWING
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS